The History

‘The Lambeage’ is a plot of land overlooking the sea and was very generously donated to the village by a local resident in 1922.

Lambeage Hall began its life in the late 1920s, when a very simple prefabricated wooden building was erected on ‘The Lambeage’ to serve as a British Legion Hall for the men and women of Coverack who had survived the 1914-1918 War. The hall was paid for by public subscription.

 This original building rested on the upper bank and had pillars on the seaward side, as seen in the photo above.  Its use included the different organisations and groups within the village and surrounding hamlets. In particular, it served as an evacuees’ reception centre in 1940. Throughout the second World War it also served as an overspill classroom for the village school.

In the 1970s the wooden hall was encased in concrete block and an extension added to provide a kitchen and toilets on the upper floor with storerooms below – to become the hall that we know today.

Existing Exterior view

Existing Plans-Layout

The Hall and The Lambeage are managed today as a registered charity.